Sea Wife II
- Type of Boat: 38' Delta, Twin Cummins diesel
- Type of Gear Used: Penn International 30lb to 130lb.
- Maximum number of passengers allowed: 18
- Maximum anglers on shared trip: 8
- Maximum spectators on shared trip: 10
- Shared Trip Rates (plus 7.166% Sales/Harbor tax):
- 4 Hour Shared Trip - Angler: $109/person
- 4 Hour Shared Trip - Spectator: $59/person
- See below for private trip rates
- Departure Times: 7:30am for the morning trip, noon for the afternoon trip.
- You keep your catch if you would like to
The Sea Wife II is one of the only multi passenger vessel in Kona. Daily shared trips target the smaller fish first and then go for the larger fish. The shared trips do not target marlin, however, they quite often catch them by accident. The goal is to catch everyone a fish as opposed to one person having all the fun. The crew runs eight fishing poles out so all anglers are fishing all of the time. Most commonly anglers catch mahi mahi (dorado), ono (wahoo), aku (skipjack tuna), spearfish and ahi (yellwofin tuna). The boat rotates your position throughout the trip to give everyone a fair shot at catching. After you've caught your fish, the decision is yours: keep your fish, or tag & release. The captain may encourage tag & release, but the choice is yours to make. All fish boated are shared with everyone the trip that wants to take some. After you've caught your fish, the decision is yours: keep your fish, or tag & release. The captain may encourage tag & release, but the choice is yours to make.
All fishing gear, ice, coolers, etc. is provided so all you need to bring is your own food and drinks. There is no license required for salt water fishing in Hawaii.
Most of the boats in Kona are certified to take a maximum of 6 passengers. The Sea Wife is certified for 18 passengers. The boat offers private trips for offshore trolling for marlin, tuna, mahimahi, ono, etc. You can also choose to go for smaller near shore fish. Great family trip for all ages.
Private trip rates (plus 7.166% sales/harbor tax):
- 1/2 Day (4 hour): $650 up to 6 people, $60/person for additional passengers. Starts at 7:30am or noon
- 3/4 Day (6 hour): $900 up to 6 people, $70/person for additional passengers. Starts at 6:00am or noon
- Full Day (8 hour): $1100 up to 6 people, $80/person for additional passengers. Starts at 7:30am, return 4pm
For further information or to make reservations please call toll free 877-388-1376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.