Type of Boat: Bertram 38, Twin Diesel Sportfisher
Formerly the “Kai Bear”
Type of Gear Used: Penn International 30's thru 130's
Fish Disposition: Fish under 20lbs will be cut for the customer.
Amenities: Cummins 315HP diesel engines, A/C, full head, shower
Max. number of passengers per boat: 6
Specialty trips offered: Overnighters and tournaments
Rates for private trip up to 6 people including all taxes and fees:
$825 - 4 Hour Private
$1,050 - 6 Hour Private
$1,350 - 8 Hour Private
Shared trips start at $175/person
MAKA HOU II (Hana Paa Charters)
- Type of Boat: Bertram 38, Twin Diesel Sportfisher with Cummins 6BT's
- Captain: Tim and Julie Hale
- Type of Gear Used: Penn International 80's & 130's, light tackle and bottom gear, and also some Penn Senators.
- Fish Disposition: Will tag and release upon request and cut fish for customers to eat.
- Amenities: Full head w/shower, CD stereo, full tuna tower.
- Maximum number of passengers: 6
- Rates for private trip up to 6 people. Rates plus 10% sales/harbor tax:
- $675 - 4 Hour Private
- $950 - 6 Hour Private
- $1,250 - 8 Hour Private
- More photos & reservation information
Freshwater Bass Fishing
Why Fish for Bass?
Because on Kauai you can!
The reservoirs of Kauai are home to the world famous PEACOCK BASS. Pound for pound one of the top three fighting fish in the free world, this predator of the shallows is only found in Hawaii, parts of Florida, Colombia, and Venezuela.
Aerial acrobatics, guile and cunning, the Peacock Bass is an intelligent, powerful, and worthy opponent of even the most accomplished tournament bass angler…..and you don’t need a passport or have to worry about the water to do it!
Sportfish Hawaii has found the top guide for putting you in the right places and using the right techniques to catch your share of Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, and the world famous Peacock Bass.